A 7-day festival incorporating film screenings, installations and performance, AURA is New Zealand’s first ever festival dedicated to artists’ moving image. Presented by Wellington-based arts agency CIRCUIT with the support of Creative New Zealand, AURA 2019 takes place in Newtown, Wellington, and reflects on ideas of home, shared values and personal space.
AURA 2019 features;
- Home Movies, a one-day installation of 20 artist videos in Newtown shops, businesses and cultural spaces
- A new documentary project by artist-in-residence John Lake
- Personal Space, five new Artist Cinema Commissions by Atem Atong, Tanu Gago, Janet Lilo, Natasha Matila-Smith and Campbell Patterson
- Three new performance commissions by Louie Neale, Raewyn Martin, Anna Brimer & Max Fleury
- From Me To You, a one day Symposium on 5 October
Presented by CIRCUIT Artist Film and Video Aotearoa New Zealand with the support of Creative New Zealand and in association with the community of Newtown.